It’s health experiment time!
To add something to a lifestyle that works for us, we like to TRIAL IT, DIAL IT, and ‘STYLE IT. This is the “trial” part. Here are some steps to get started:
1. Pick an experiment. There are many possibilities, including those in this list.
2. Fill out a form to plan the duration and other parts of the experiment. You can follow a template for one of the experiments below or create one (ideally with help from a coach or teacher).
- Eating minimally processed (a.k.a. “clean”) foods
- Tracking food macronutrient intakes/”counting macros”
- Following a new workout (physical activity)
- Building a different experiment from scratch
3. Conduct the experiment using a customized tracker we’ll create in Google Drive based on your plan.
4. Assess the results, including by using the tracker.
5. Report the results at school if receiving academic credit.
6. Follow up, including letting us know how it went using a survey built into the tracker.
7. Decide what should come next:
- Continue the experiment without major changes
- Tweak the experiment in some way and continue it
- Invite others to join you in the experiment
- Set the experiment aside and try something else